It sounds like your aquarium has an algal bloom
How to be sure
Your aquarium is so green you can’t see your fish! It’s green, cloudy and a bit like pea-soup. This isn’t great for your fish and they may be gasping at the surface.
Step 1 – Treat your aquarium
- Remove the carbon filter from your filtration – but don’t forget to return it 7 days after the last dose.
- Treat your aquarium with Green Away. You can check how much you need to dose here.
- Test your aquarium water for high nitrate levels and treat with Nitrasafe.
- Clean your filter and check there aren’t any blockages.
- Ensure your aquarium is not positioned in direct sunlight. Add an Auto Timer to mimic a (10 hours on, 14 hours off) natural day/night cycle.