It sounds like your fish has fungus
How to be sure
Your fish is looking pretty sorry for itself, it’s losing weight and has white, cotton wool like growths on its body. Your fish doesn’t feel great right now. Its fins are clamped and it has no energy to swim about or eat anything.
Step 1 – Treat your fish
- Remove the carbon filter out of your filtration – but don’t forget to return it 7 days after the last dose.
- Use Anti Fungus & Fin Rot treatment treatment, you can check the correct dosage for your aquarium size here. Shake well before use.
- Also dose with Aqualibrium First Aid Salt – it helps boost your fish’s ability to fight the illness.
- Give your fish some time-out to recover – avoid excessive cleaning, re-decorating or adding new fishy friends.
- To re-treat, or treat another problem, follow the on pack guidelines for using more treatment.
Watch Out! – Treatments can sometimes reduce oxygen levels in the water. If you see fish gasping at the surface, you can increase oxygen by adding an air pump.