It sounds like your fish has tumours
How to be sure
Your fish has some irregular lumps, bumps and growths under the surface of its skin which can’t usually be completely healed. It’s hard to tell what is causing these but we can help your fish feel more comfortable.
Step 1 – Treat your fish
- Remove the carbon filter out of your filtration – but don’t forget to return it 7 days after the last dose.
- Treat the tank with Disease Away to help support the fish and aid their immune system, you can check the correct dosage for your aquarium size here. Do not use with scaleless fish or invertebrates.
- Also dose with Aqualibrium First Aid Salt – it helps boost your fish’s ability to fight the illness.
- Give your fish some time-out to recover – avoid excessive cleaning, re-decorating or adding new fishy friends.
- To re-treat, or treat another problem, follow the on pack guidelines for using more treatment.
Watch Out! – Treatments can sometimes reduce oxygen levels in the water. If you see fish gasping at the surface, you can increase oxygen by adding an air pump.